Christmas Charity Collection for Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter - December 2021
A massive thank you to GAP employees Nathan Lowrey and Kiera Auld that have helped raise over £130 for Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter with their Christmas charity collection appeal.
A collection box was also set up in GAP's reception area for pet food, treats and toys. Meaning the rescue dogs and cats could open some presents too this Christmas!
A football card draw and Christmas jumper day were organised by Nathan and Kiera to help boost donations.
Jill Neary, Senior Rehoming Manager at Newcastle Dog & Cat Shelter, was delighted with the donations. "Thank you so very much for your kind donations - our animals absolutely love them."
Thank you to all GAP employees that donated money, pet food or toys to help support this great cause.
Trolley Dash Challenge to support local Foodbanks during December 2019
During the festive period, Peter Moody participated in the Trolley Dash challenge to raise awareness and donate much-needed food to our local Foodbanks. One trolley content went to West End Foodbank and the other to Gateshead Foodbank. Kiera Auld, at the time a GAP Group apprentice, assisting with the deliveries and organisation. Kiera has now been employed full time in our administration and marketing departments.
CEO Sleepout 18/11/2019
Well …. last night was the CEO Sleepout and Peter couldn’t have chosen a better night to experience the reality, as it turned out to be the coldest night of the year. Temperatures crashed to -5 around 0100 this morning.
Fortunately, he only had to suffer the cold, isolation, and anxiety for a single night.
Unfortunately, there are too many people who will be suffering the elements night after night.
We would like to thank all my family, friends, colleagues, customers, and suppliers who have contributed to this great cause.
Total raised £3,046.00 + a fair amount of Gift Aid https://www.facebook.com/walkingwiththewounded/
Tommy Watson, CEO Walking with the Wounded, and Peter Moody.
Fantastic local charity ran by Sara Young, who is married to GAP Group Operations Director Peter Young. Changing Minds offers a multidisciplinary range of mental health interventions for children, young people, and their families. They propose to establish a network of centres, the first of their kind, across the country to provide these therapies as well as CPD, training, and events for the wider mental health community. The centres will expand upon the range of therapies currently available on the NHS, provide new referral routes to help people more quickly, and reduce waiting times, alleviating pressure on the system overall in the region.
Donation Points Growing…
List of all locations.
- 6th Benton Scouts - St Bartholomew’s Church, Station Road, Forest Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9NQ
- Amici Restaurant - 95 Station Rd, Forest Hall, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8AQ
- AutismAble - The Custom Space, Captains Row, South Shields, NE33 5AS
- Bailey Green Primary School - West Bailey, Killingworth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 6QL
- Beecham Peacock Solicitors - 7 Collingwood St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 1JE
- Bell Truck and Van Mercedes-Benz Commercial Vehicles - Whitley Road, Bellway Industrial Estate, Newcastle upon Tyne, Longbenton, NE12 9SW
- Bell Truck and Van - Macklin Avenue, Billingham, TS23 4BY
- Benton Dene Primary School - Hailsham Ave, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8FD
- Blue Line Taxis - 31-35 Sycamore St, Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 6TH
- Burns School of Black Belts, 33 Bellingham Drive, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9SZ
- Chill Out Time Childcare - 33 New Bridge Street West, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8AX
- Christchurch Primary School - Kielder Terrace, North Shields, NE30 2AD
- Forest Hall Ex-Servicemens Institute - 26 Crescent Way North , Palmersville, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9AR
- GAP Group NE - GAP House, Nest Road, Gateshead, NE10 0ES
- Hedgehog Lab - Generator Studios, Trafalgar St, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 2LA
- Henson Motor Group, Whitley Road, Benton, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 9SR
- High Howden Social Club - Tynemouth Road, Wallsend, NE28 0EA
- Hoot Architecture - 26/27 New Elvet, Durham, DH1 3AL
- Killingworth Social Club - Stratford Close, Killingworth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE12 6UQ
- Lisa Shaw BBC Newcastle - Broadcasting House, Barrack Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 4NS
- Little Tinkers Gifts - Cambridge
- Marden High School - Hartington Road, North Shields, NE30 3RZ
- Newton Park Pub - Benton Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE7 7EB
- North Tyneside Council Children’s Services - The Quadrant, Cobalt Business Park, 16 The Silverlink N, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE27 0BY
- Olivia’s Baby Boutique - 50 Royal Quays Outlets, Coble Dene, North Shields, NE29 6DW
- Parkside House School - Station Road, Backworth, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE27 0AB
- Paul Handley - Ramblers, Fell End Caravan Park, Slackhead Road, Hale, Milnthorpe, LA7 7BS
- Select Convenience and Forest Hall Post Office- 43-45 Station Road North, Forest Hall, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 7AR
- South Northumberland Adult Community Treatment Team - Greenacres Centre, Green Lane, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 8BL
- Swanstyle Gifts - 42-47 Fishermans Mission, North Shields, NE30 1JA
- Sweet Indulgence - Wallsend
- Take, Love and Care Beauty - 5a Salters Rd, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE3 1DH
- The George Stephenson Inn - Great Lime Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 7NJ
- The Northumberland Hussar - Sackville Road, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 5SY
Peter Moody, CEO of Gap Haulage & GAP Group in Gateshead, has confirmed in writing, that Gap Haulage will collect and deliver assorted materials during the build phase of the Changing Minds with Pick up a Penny project, from anywhere in the country. As one of the North East’s largest recycling plants, they not only care about the environment, they also care passionately about mental health and have shown on numerous occasions their support for Changing Minds with Pick up a Penny. We will look forward to working closely with them over the next few years. Sara Young.
What's Behind the Smile’ has been born from tragedy and the need to address mental health awareness. The purpose of this charity is to offer help to those suffering mental health anguish. We want to help others. We want to make a difference. Raising awareness of mental health issues through the implementation of Mental Health First Aid Training (MHFAT).
Our first aid training course will encourage others to help to look for signs; to look out for others and let them know someone cares.
GAP Group directors Sharon Moody and Andy Clarke attended their course during the first quarter of 2020.