Corporate social responsibility company policy
At GAP Group we understand that the principles of corporate social responsibility (CSR) don’t just make good business sense but complement our business strategy and corporate values. Our CSR policy is built on the following principles:
- GAP Group aim to minimise the impacts and maximise the benefits that our work has on the environment and people around us.
- GAP Group integrate our CSR efforts into all our business decisions.
- GAP Group comply with all legislation, regulations, and codes of practice ensuring our clients Waste Management and Haulage requirements are delivered in a compliant, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
- GAP Group will review, and report annually, and continually improve our CSR performance.
- GAP Group’s CSR approach continues to evolve from lessons learned along the way. Our strategy for developing and delivering our policy is to aim to deliver gradual but continues improvements in performance year on year.
To help define our policy we have divided it into four key areas:
GAP Group recognise that we play an important role in our local communities and we aim to make the communities in which we operate better places. We encourage our employees to engage with their local communities and use their knowledge and skills, and where possible the GAP’s resources, to help create mutually beneficial relationships.
GAP Group takes time to employ great people and supports and develops them through their personal GAP journey. We make great efforts to ensure all employees enjoy their work and have opportunities to deliver and surpass all our client’s expectations, through their hard work and experience.
At GAP Group we understand the impact our work has on the environment and we work in a responsible and ethical manner to manage our duty of care. We achieve this by identifying all environmental impacts, then putting in place systems to mitigate, prevent or reduce them. This is also an excellent business practice.
GAP Group has always been committed to the highest of standards and we look for these standards when choosing suppliers and business partners. We strongly oppose the exploitation of workers and will not condone forced labour, or any labour which involves harassment or intimidation of any type, whether physical, verbal or psychological. We will not tolerate human trafficking or the exploitation of young people and we strive to ensure our business takes all reasonable steps to maintain these standards.
GAP Group will always:
Operate every relationship in an open and transparent way
- Guarantee that all our business operations are legitimate.
- Respect the Law
- Honour our internal policies and procedures
- Act respectfully towards our customers and suppliers
- Act in a safe and fair manner at all times
- Operate Anti-Corruption and Anti-Bribery practices
Protecting the environment
Our company recognises the need to protect the natural environment. Ensuring our environment is kept clean and unpolluted is a benefit to all. GAP Group will always follow best practices when disposing of waste and avoid if possible, waste to landfill, so Protecting our Environment for the Next Generation.